December 20, 2016

Mitiska REIM closes €223 million European retail park fund

Mitiska REIM closes €223 million European retail park fund

Mitiska REIM, the leading specialist investor in European retail parks, has today announced the successful final closing of its second fund, First Retail International 2 (FRI 2), at €223 million. This closing exceeds the original hard cap of €200 million and is substantially above its initial target of €120-150 million. Allowing for gearing, the Fund’s gross investment capability is now up to €500 million.

FRI 2 is a closed-end fund which invests exclusively in European retail parks, both clustered standalone units and integrated retail properties. The Fund has already deployed more than €60 million of equity for acquisitions and development projects in Spain, Romania, Poland and the Czech Republic, and is building a pipeline of additional investment opportunities in the French, Spanish, German and Austrian markets.

The strong fundraising of FRI 2 follows the success of Mitiska REIM’s first fund, FRI 1, which was launched in 2013 and has built a portfolio of 19 retail park properties across Belgium, France, Romania, Poland, Czech Republic and Serbia.

At final closing, 40 percent of FRI 2 commitments came from reinvestments and increased commitments from existing FRI 1 investors, with the remaining 60 percent coming from new investors. Mitiska REIM has considerably broadened its investor base outside Belgium, with increased investor interest seen in France, UK and Switzerland.

Luc Geuten, Executive Chairman of Mitiska REIM, commented: “The significant investor interest in FRI 2 is a recognition of our clear strategy, expertise and focus on retail parks, which we believe are one of the most exciting and attractive real estate opportunities in Europe. Retail parks are fast becoming the first choice amongst retailers due to the highly visible locations and low occupancy costs, and amongst investors looking for diversified, attractive returns in the retail real estate sector.”

Axel Despriet, CEO of Mitiska REIM, commented: “With FRI 2, we have the opportunity to further expand our European reach, and are actively investigating a number of investment opportunities and partnerships to grow our portfolio in Western and Central European markets.”

marcus evans Summits
Infobode
Cities of Tomorrow
Private Equity
www.officerentinfo.com
IntraLog Poland
New Work 1