Monday, August 10, 2020
Home News General Jones Lang LaSalle report outstanding year for Tenant Representation department in Hungary...

Jones Lang LaSalle report outstanding year for Tenant Representation department in Hungary

In 2013 Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL) represented its office occupier clients in nearly 50,000 sqm of office space transactions. This is the 6th consecutive year since 2008 in reaching the largest market share of the Tenant Representation market.

75 percent of the deals transacted by the team were a result of renegotiations and renewals. The remaining 25 percent was concluded for new office space lettings. Avaya, Béflex, Nestlé, Philips, Xerox and White&Case signed lease renegotiations among others.

“It is an outstanding result for our team to represent the largest Tenant Representation transaction of the year on behalf of an American SSC on 19,000 sqm located along Váci Corridor. There were two new companies opening their first operation in Budapest, Systemax and Greif, which can be considered as an improvement of the Budapest office market,” said Maria Starmann, Head of Tenant Representation at Jones Lang LaSalle.

Greif, Johnson&Johnson and Teva voted for relocation. Despite the volatile market conditions JLL achieved exceptional financial savings for their clients and subsequently secured maximum safety in finalising the deals. Some transactions were preceded by strategy analysis in order to fully understand the requirements. This helped the advisors to identify the best office buildings for their clients, producing the best possible outcome for them.

“We are extremely proud to have won close to 50 percent of our last year’s transaction volume locally. The other 50 percent of market share was taken by global Corporate Clients of Jones Lang LaSalle,” added Maria Starmann.

Following the success of 2013, the Tenant Representation team is very optimistic and looking forward to another strong year in 2014. JLL kick-starts the year with approximately 40,000 sqm Tenant Representation assignment along with some others in the pipeline.

The Tenant Representation team and the Project and Developments Services department are currently working closely together in a number of office projects; representing an energy firm in their Headquarters project and cooperating in the office transaction of a large shared service centre as well.

Most Popular

M7 acquires Katowice office building for new CEE fund

M7 Real Estate has undertaken its first acquisition on behalf of M7 CEREF II, its value-add opportunities fund focused on offices and...

Metropol Group acquires five shopping centres in Poland

Greenberg Traurig advised Metropol Group on the acquisition of a shopping centre portfolio, consisting of five regional convenience stores is located in...

Weerts Group to start new warehouse development near Budapest

The logistics sector of Hungary is booming with foreign investors continuing to be optimistic about the market outlook. The latest evidence of...

Panattoni sells two city logistics parks in Warsaw to LaSalle

Panattoni and Marvipol have sold two city logistics parks in Warsaw to LaSalle Investment Management. The facilities, totalling nearly 25,000 sqm, were...