CEO Manufacturing Magazine and EuropaProperty would like to thank all those that attended the 2nd annual CEE Manufacturing Excellence Awards 2014, held in Warsaw’s Intercontinental Hotel. The awards ceremony looked fantastic, and was witnessed by a select group of senior European and Central European Manufacturing professionals; affirming the event’s status as a true landmark event for the manufacturing industry. Vertical sectors recognised at the awards included: automotive, textiles, food, FMCG and many others from countries from throughout the CEE region.
General Motors Manufacturing was a multiple award winner at the second annual CEEMEA held in Warsaw on Wednesday 10th June 2014. Raben Group, Hays Recruitment Worldwide, Rolls Royce Poland and ABB also walked away with some of the big company prizes.
General Motors Manufacturing, which belongs to one of world’s largest car manufacturers, with a strong manufacturing and design footprint in Europe and Poland, was the big winner of the event collecting four awards on the night for the company’s manufacturing excellence in Sustainability & Environment, Quality Control as well as the coveted Overall Manufacturer prize and Plant Manager of the Year for Andrzej Korpak.
Ewald Raben of Raben Management Services was named this year’s Industry Professional and Raben Group was named Logistic Services Supplier of the Year.
Hays, a world leader in recruitment services, picked up the evenings first two awards in the Professional Service Provider and Recruitment Supplier of the Year categories.
Rolls Royce Poland, a world-class manufacturer of Deck Machinery and Motion Control products collected two awards in the Product Design/Life Cycle Management and Customer Relationship Management / Customer Service / Customer Satisfaction categories.
ABB, a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact also picked up two awards in the Robotics/Automation Supplier and Business & Science categories.
Facility Manager Sodexo, Advantech Europe, a leader in providing trusted, innovative products, services, and solutions, ANDRITZ AG, a global leading supplier of plants, equipment, and services, Nexteer Automotive Poland, a global steering and driveline business, Zelmer, a small domestic appliances manufacturer and Flextronics International, a leading end-to-end supply chain solutions company, were also among the award winners.
New for this year’s awards ceremony, accentuating the strength and interest in the region’s growing luxury brand sector, were the Global Luxury Manufacturing Awards, recognizing the Luxury Sector from a manufacturing perspective, focusing on the innovation, quality, and overall craftsmanship of luxury goods and services. Three winners were awarded on the night including IWC Schaffhausen, Maserati and Sunreef Yachts.
On behalf of our sponsors, judges and attendees, we offer our congratulations to all the winners. Foundations are already in place for next year’s event, which promises to be even bigger. The third annual CEE Manufacturing Excellence Awards will be held on June 17-18, 2015.
Manufacturing Excellence Awards Winners
Professional Service Provider:
CDM Smith CH2M Hill DMS Legal Hay Group Poland Hays Recruitment Worldwide – Winner HungaroControl JLL
* In Poland, Hays opened in 2002 and has since greatly increased its market share and achieved the status of the largest specialist recruitment company in Poland. It’s offices are located in Warsaw, Katowice, Wroclaw, Krakow, Gdansk (Tricity), Poznan, Lodz and Szczecin.
Hays Recruitment Worldwide – Winner
Recruitment Engineering & Manufacturing:
Hays Recruitment Worldwide – Winner Headcount Solutions Work Service
* Hays capabilities in Poland are based on over 300,000 quality assured candidates on database and on over 170 specialist recruitment consultants in 8 locations. Being present in Poland for over 10 years Hays has acquired a deep knowledge of the market providing its clients with recruitment services, consultancy, also preparing detailed reports and analysis for investors.
Hays Recruitment Worldwide – Winner
Facilities Maintenance/Property Management:
CDM Smith Sodexo – Winner
* Sodexo designs, manages and delivers comprehensive solutions for various clients to improve daily life in the workplace. Clients’ buildings are becoming increasingly sophisticated, with complex, built-in technologies. Their upkeep requires a high degree of technical knowledge in varied areas. Armed with these multiple skills, Sodexo has developed cutting-edge expertise in maintaining facilities and equipment and ensuring they work properly, which is essential for the smooth operation of every company. The teams are integrated within client’s companies and present at all times, ensuring they have a good grasp of the technical aspects of client’s buildings and can respond quickly if a breakdown occurs. Its technical experts assist companies at every stage of building projects, overseeing construction work, optimizing the functionality of the premises and reducing future operating expenses.
Sodexo – Winner
Advantech Europe – Winner BrandMaker I&B Consulting More7 Polska Qlik RHO Software Sii VIX Automation
* Advantech is a leader in providing trusted, innovative products, services, and solutions. Advantech offers comprehensive system integration, hardware, software, customer-centric design services, embedded systems, automation products, and global logistics support. We cooperate closely with our partners to help provide complete solutions for a wide array of applications across a diverse range of industries. Our mission is to enable an intelligent planet with Automation and Embedded Computing products and solutions that empower the development of smarter working and living. With Advantech, there is no limit to the applications and innovations our products make possible
Advantech Europe – Winner
Logistic Services Supplier:
ID LOGISTICS POLSKA SA POL-Frans Raben Group – Winner Wuwer
* Raben Poland has been operating in Poland since 1991. The experience and market position acquired since then, guarantee rendering top quality comprehensive logistics services. A stable network of the company’s own terminals in Poland functioning for many years, facilitates prompt and safe delivery of groupage shipments in the territory of the country. Raben Poland has been awardedISO 9001,ISO 14000 and ISO 22000 (HACCP) certificates.
Raben Group – Winner
ABB – Winner Advantech Europe Blue Prism
* ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 150,000 people. The company invests more than $1.5 billion annually in research and development. MIT names ABB among Top 50 innovators.
ABB – Winner
Manufacturing Supplier of the Year:
Advantech Europe ANDRITZ AG – Winner Blue Prism BrandMaker DENIOS I&B Consulting ID LOGISTICS POLSKA SA More7 Polska POL-Frans Qlik RHO Software Sii VIX Automation Wuwer
* Highlights of ANDRITZ’s achievements:
ANDRITZ HYDRO received an order to upgrade four Kaplan turbine units at the Shardarinskaya hydropower plant, Kazakhstan.The order value is 75 million euros. Completion of the upgrade is scheduled for the second half of 2017. ANDRITZ is to supply a High Energy Recovery Boiler to Mondi Świecie, Poland, as part of Mondi’s program for energy optimization and environmental protection. ANDRITZ will also supply a circulating fluidized bed boiler for Zofiówka combined heat and power plant, Poland. This modernization investment not only improves the energy efficiency of the existing plant, but also meets the strictest environmental protection requirements. Start-up is scheduled for the third quarter of 2016.
ANDRITZ AG – Winner
Sustainability & Environment – Sponsored by Arcadis
Chemosvit Flextronics International General Motors Manufacturing – Winner Indesit Company Polska Sanofi-Aventis Twinings Zito Group
* General Motors Manufacturing Highlights:
In November 2013 official merger of the Gliwice and Tychy plants took place. This is the only plant in GME that produces both vehicles and engines. In early 2014 GMMP started production preparation of a new generation cars and engines. Production at the plant is done with the utmost care for the environment. A number of investments have been developed to optimize energy consumption for several years. This allowed an increase of production volume without increasing the energy consumption and thus reducing CO2 emissions by 40,000 tons per year. The company is also working on other projects aimed at reducing energy consumption and air protection. The Minister of the Environment, which awarded the prize for establishment Specific Achievements of Science and Research recognized the effects of these actions. There are various projects to optimize energy management (Target -lowest energy consumption per car in the company, further reducing annual carbon dioxide emissions).
General Motors Manufacturing – Winner
Business & Science
ABB – Winner Advanced Studies and Research Center AT&S Austria Savabien Twinings
* ABB maintains 7 Corporate Research Centers worldwide, within which scientists work toward technological achievements that will strengthen ABB’s position as a leading technology company. The ABB Corporate Research Center in Krakow, Poland was established in 1996. The location was selected on the basis of the strong academic population in Krakow enabling the research Center to recruit high-flying MSc and PhD scientists. Today, members of the multidisciplinary, multinational team at ABB Corporate Research Center in Krakow devise and execute projects in the areas of power system networks, medium and high voltage products, power electronics, material science, multiphysics simulations, distribution system automation, advanced manufacturing technologies, information technology and diagnostics and asset monitoring. These projects are regularly run in collaboration with colleagues at other research centers and universities from across the globe.
ABB – Winner
Information Technology for Manufacturing
Advantech Europe AT&S Austria Nexteer Automotive Poland – Winner Zito Group
* Nexteer Automotive Poland is a Polish division of Nexteer Automotive, global business solely dedicated to electric and hydraulic steering systems and steering columns for original equipment manufacturers. There are two Nexteer Automotive plants located in Poland: in Tychy and in Gliwice, with 1,100 employees. At the same time the Tychy plant is also one of the biggest plants in terms of employment levels and production capacity.
Nexteer Automotive Poland – Winner
Product Design/Life Cycle Management
Chemosvit DWS Draexlmaier General Motors Manufacturing Fischer Automotive Systems Rolls Royce Poland – Winner Zito Group
* Rolls Royce is a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air. We have established a strong position in global markets – civil aerospace, defence aerospace, marine and energy. Rolls Royce is a technology leader, employing over 40,000 people in offices, manufacturing and service facilities in more than 50 countries around the world.
Rolls Royce Poland – Winner
ABB AT&S Austria DWS Draexlmaier Fisher Automotive Systems General Motors Manufacturing Nexteer Automotive Poland Twinings Zelmer – Winner
* Zelmer, is a leading manufacturer of small domestic appliances.
Zelmer – Winner
Supply Chain Management Logistics
Flextronics International – Winner Gonvarri Polska Loma Systems Twinings
* Flextronics Internatioanl is a leading end-to-end supply chain solutions company that delivers design, engineering, manufacturing and logistics services to a range of industries and end-markets, including data networking, telecom, enterprise computing and storage, industrial, capital equipment, appliances, automation, medical, automotive, aerospace and defense, energy, mobile, computing and other electronic product categories. Flextronics is an industry leader with more than $24 billion in annualized sales, generated from helping its customer’s design, build, ship, and service their products through an unparalleled network of facilities in more than 30 countries and across four continents. Flextronics in Poland is located in Pomeranian Special Economic Zone. The company covers two production buildings where over 3,700 employees perform their work. Flextronics International Poland has $1 billion of annual revenue.
Flextronics International – Winner
Customer Relationship Management / Customer Service / Customer Satisfaction
Chemosvit Flextronics International General Motors Manufacturing Lynka Rolls Royce Poland – Winner Zito Group
* Rolls-Royce Poland is a world class manufacturer of Deck Machinery and Motion Control products. We also provide service to broad range of marine products and systems.
Rolls Royce Poland – Winner
Chemosvit Flextronics International General Motors Manufacturing – Winner Lynka Zelmer Zito Group
* General Motors Manufacturing’s Quality Control Highlights include an Integrated Management System.
Quality Management System ISO 9001:2008
Environment Management System ISO 14001:2004
Energy Management System ISO 50001:2011
Health & Safety Management System OHSAS 18001:2007 Business Continuity Management ISO 22301.
General Motors Manufacturing – Winner
Plant Manager of the Year – Sponsored by HAYS
Monika Czupryna – Mondelez Polska Production Artur Kanigowski – Twinings Andrzej Korpak – General Motors Manufacturing – Winner Andrzej Marcinek – Gedia Poland Assembly Łukasz Necki – Aquila Radomsko Andrzej Połojko – Flextronics International Łukasz Toboła – Graham Packaging Poland Marcin Tomkiewicz – Zelmer Danny Wauters – Proseat
* Under Andrzej Korpak’s leadership the GMMP plant has been continuing an ambitious investment program. Despite the crisis in the automotive industry in Europe, the value of the investment in the plant reached €1 billion, of which the last phase of €130 million falls on the years 2013-2014. He implemented a very effective strategy for the plant management, which resulted in launches of the new models in the recent years, including the prestigious convertible Cascada in February 2013.
Andrzej Korpak – General Motors Manufacturing – Winner
Manufacturer of the Year
Chemosvit DWS Draexlmaier Fischer Automotive Systems Flextronics International Gedia Poland Assembly General Motors Manufacturing – Winner Gonvarri Polska Gryf Confectionary Indesit Company Polska Loma Systems Nexteer Automotive Poland Rolls Royce Poland Twinings Zelmer Zito Group
* General Motors Manufacturing Business Highlights: Start of regular production of Cascada convertible fully operational SKD process in GMMP. Further widening of GM global shared services for outside Poland locations. Allocation decision of Astra V- the generation production in Gliwice (over €130 million investment). Merger with the Tychy plant to become one company – GM Manufacturing Poland plant, the only one in General Motors that produces both vehicles and engines. Allocation decision of new engine generation production in Tychy (€250 million investment). First independent Research and Development project in GMMP for environmental friendly and flexible production processes.
General Motors Manufacturing – Winner
Professional of the Year
Witold Domek – CDM Smith John Paul Lynch – Lynka Marius-Ioan Piso – ROSA Ewald Raben – Raben Management Services – Winner Florin Serban – ASRC
* Ewald Raben – noteworthy achievements – Finalist of the EY Entrepreneur of the Year contest in Monaco 2013. Ten year anniversaries in Ukraine (2013) and the Baltics (2014). The opening of 8 new facilities in Europe. New services implemented Raben e-Commerce and UlraFresh.
Ewald Raben – Raben Management Services – Winner
Global Luxury Manufacturing Award Winners
Watches & Clockwork Operated Devices
Sailing & Motor Yachts
SAVE the DATE – 3rd Annual CEE Manufacturing Awards & Strategy Summit – June 17/18, 2015