Corning Optical Communications, the first SEGRO’s customer in Central Europe, extended the lease agreement for warehouse and production facility in SEGRO Logistics Park Stryków. During the negotiations, the tenant was represented by Knight Frank and Axiimmo.
Cooperation between SEGRO and Corning started 10 years ago, when the developer begun its operations in Poland. The facility comprising 43,000 sqm of space was commissioned by Corning as a build to suit solution. It was also the first SEGRO’s building in Central Europe, which remains one of the biggest developer’s projects in the region until now.
The space used by Corning is currently divided into: warehouse space, mechanised and manual production facility and research and development center. Since 2010 also test and qualifications laboratory is in operation within the facility, where products for the end user are tested and approved. The unit in Stryków is the largest Corining’s plant in Europe. Fiber optic cables and other optical solutions for telecommunications produced within the facility are delivered to European, Middle East and Africa markets. The recipient of only 1 percent of the goods is the Polish market, the remaining 99 percent is exported. Annual production of fiber optic cables supplied by the unit in Stryków would suffice to entwine the whole globe 100 times.
“Our products are delivering the latest technologies, including FTTH service, which are broadband data communication services like the Internet, HDTV television or VoIP, to many European homes. In Poland, FTTH isn’t still very popular but abroad it attracts more and more users,” explained Mariusz Bielawski, Corning Optical Communications Director.
“Within SEGRO’s many warehouse and production facilities innovative worldwide solutions improving the daily lives of millions of people are created. We are proud of achievements of our client, who has been with us from the start of SEGRO’s activity in Poland. The extension of our cooperation proves also the high quality of the space provided by us,” added Magdalena Szulc, SEGRO Business Unit Director Central Europe.